Sunday, October 12, 2008

Momentum!

So the other day I was driving my 50kg RC car down a flat surface, equating my friction with the force of my engine staying at the speed limit of 2 meters per-second when I saw another vehicle moving toward me. IT was coming FAST at like 100 meters per-second and I judged it to be about 1kg. My RC car suddenly stopped on impact, with the 1 kg beetle replica. My Hummer RC car’s momentum was equal to the Beetle RC car’s momentum. These momentums allowed both cars to come to a stop when they struck. This is because the little mass of the Beetle had a big velocity while the big mass of the Hummer had little velocity. The equal momentum caused both to stop. But now that I think of it, it wouldn’t be fun to come to a sudden stop at 100 m/s, that might hurt.

Thanks for reading, Mark

No comments: